art as practice
a way of being
Art as Practice is an online membership site designed to help you deepen your artistic engagement, cultivate a daily creative practice, and tend to your art as a form of devotion.
Coming Spring 2024
“Living life as an artist is a practice.
You are either engaging in the practice
or you’re not.
It makes no sense to say you’re not good at it.
It’s like saying, “I’m not good at being a monk.”
You are either living as a monk or you’re not.
We tend to think of the artist’s work as the output.
The real work of the artist
is a way of being in the world.”
― Rick Rubin, The Creative Act: A Way of Being
A few questions:
- what are your daily habits?
- what are you already doing creatively everyday?
- are you ready to try something new?
- how do you create rituals?
- are there other ways you might tend the garden of your life?